September 4, 2018
Research Coordinator – Full-time temporary position
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: Chen Xiong, MSc firstname.lastname@example.org
Site: University of Toronto, ABI Research Lab (500 University Ave)
Reports to: Principal Investigator of the project
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Anticipated start date: October 1st, 2018
We are seeking an active scholar to be a core research project member and manager, willing and able to learn and work independently and collaboratively within a large team. The main duties of this position are to coordinate a sex- and gender-focused framework development project at the center of a multidisciplinary team. This will include overseeing daily administrative operations; development and management of REB protocol; participant recruitment; scheduling and conducting interviews; stakeholder relations; responding to arising questions and issues; data collection, entry and management; assistance with data analysis and writing reports; interfacing and coordinating with a team of scientists and stakeholders.
Previous experience working in clinical and/or research settings is expected. Knowledge of and sensitivity towards issues and experiences of disability, gender diversity, technology as well as the family caregiving community is desirable. Comfort with data management and basic data analyses are preferable. Experience with qualitative methods in health research is desired. The work will take place in a dynamic, rapidly changing research environment which requires the candidate to be flexible in his/her role.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Conducting procedures for research studies
- Assisting with preparation of talks, articles, reports, and other ad-hoc tasks related to recruitment
- Attending relevant clinical team, research or lab meetings, working as part of inter-professional treatment and research teams
- Safely building and fostering a positive research presence in clinical areas
- Operating with infallible standards of privacy, ethics, and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree, or recognized equivalent, in a health or science-related discipline, Masters degree preferred
- 3 years clinical and/or research experience
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Prior experience working and/or communicating with vulnerable patient populations is an asset
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of research methods and procedures, specifically the informed consent process
- Fundamental understanding of research ethics and privacy law
- Affinity for networking and building personal relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and timelines
- Sound moral judgement
- Understands the value of adhering to standard operating procedures and routine practices
- Capable with Microsoft Excel for data organization and simple formulas
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Please contact Dr. Angela Colantonio for information on undergraduate, graduate, and post doctoral trainee opportunities.
Research associate positions are occasionally offered through the Work-Study program at the University of Toronto in May and September. Please check postings through the Career Centre website.
Please contact email@example.com for volunteer opportunities.